BUZZBRTN is lifestyle, listings and budget living in Brighton and beyond.
The best of Brighton, curated.
From BN1’s most-instagrammable espresso martini to kiss-guaranteed first date ideas under a fiver, Buzz Brighton is the new, indispensable guide to Britain’s best city.
We thought Brightonians deserved a different sort of online guide. So we made it.
FREELANCE WRITERS WANTED
We’re actively looking for freelance writers to pitch and write articles for our website.
We pay between £17 and £35 per article and expect each article to take 20 to 60 minutes to write, construct and publish. We pay within 7 days of an article being published and an invoice being received.
Our audience is 17-35, youthful, fun, lives in or loves the city, and on a budget. They want to do more with less, love daily new experiences, and share them with friends. They’re progressive politically and environmentally minded. To know what’s trending locally they seek guidance from trusted and relatable voices.
Relatable and personal / Young / Superlative / Fun / Passionate / Endlessly enthusiastic and humorous about the city / Bright / Useful / Lighthearted / Knowledgeable / Pop culture / Brave
Here’s an idea of the type of thing we want to see on these pages:
- 26 Things You Need To Do In Brighton This Weekend If You’re Broke AF
- Brighton’s 13 Most Instagrammable Desserts That You Need To Eat (And Photograph) This Weekend
- This Country Walk Less Than 25 Miles From Brighton Is Like A Scene From A Hollywood Blockbuster And You Need To Go There
- 12 Signs That Prove It’s Officially Spring In Brighton And You Need To Buy Shorts
- 11 Brighton Street Food Trucks That Are Edible And Instagrammable And Open This Friday
- Meet The Author From Brighton Who Is Selling Out Everywhere And Changing The World
- 4 Gigs To Attend This Weekend If You Couldn’t Get Those Sold Out Little Mix Tickets
- 6 Things To Do In Brighton Tonight That Don’t Involve Drinking – Whether Your Budget Is Pennies Or Hundreds Of Pounds
- I Tried Going Zero Waste For Six Weeks In Brighton And Here’s What Went Well, And What Definitely Didn’t
- These Brighton Restaurants Used To Be Shit And Now They’re Very Very Good
- Lush Is Having A Sale Event And Here’s The Details You Need To Double The Discount
- Taste Test: Brighton’s New Taco Bell Vs Every Independent Mexican Restaurant On Western Road
- Get Your Trunks, Brighton Is Set To Hit Double Digits This Weekend. Yep, Summer Is Officially Here
- QUIZ: Only A True Brightonian Can Ace This ‘How Well Do You Know the North Laine’ Quiz
- We Got High Brightonians To Try The Creme Egg Scotch Egg And It Was Beautiful
- I Tried Drinking Brighton’s 7 Best Espresso Martinis In One Night
FIND OUT MORE
If you’re interested in pitching an article idea, or happy to trial writing from a brief we’ve created send us an email email@example.com.
- The article headline
- An outline of the pitch
- Why you think a) it will be widely read and b) our audience will care
- A bit about you
- Examples of published writing for our audience
- Experience working with WordPress and creating article images
- Notes on availability for ongoing comissioning
We look forward to hearing from you.